Friday, September 25, 2009

SYTYCD - S6 Auditions part 3

Honestly, not a lot to say about this week's audition episode. I was really looking forward to seeing what my old stomping grounds of Boston would bring to the stage, and while there was a distinct lack of those really awful or loopy auditioners like Phoenix, there really weren't any huge standouts as there had been in L.A.

I was less that blown away by Teddy "Plaid Pants" Tedholm, but I guess I could see the little bits of strong technique hidden in the quirkiness. Same with Jean Lloret, the b-boy who did pull off an amazing 360 trick with his legs, but not much else impressive. Ditto ballroom couple Karen & Matthew Hauer, which was a bit of a letdown, since my background is both Boston and ballroom. For me, the only really notable performance was by krumper Russell Ferguson, as he found ways to vary his movements and add extra elements beyond the usual standing crunches.

Atlanta next.

No comments:

Post a Comment